The information provide here is from the Lake County Department of Health.
A COVID-19 vaccine is coming soon. We are excited to let you know that the Lake County AllVax Portal is now open! Please register so they can notify you when it is time to make your appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Question: Where do I register?
Question: What information do I need to register?
Answer: The information needed to register for a vaccine is:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Zip code
- Risk factors
Question: Am I able to also register another person?
Answer: Yes, you can register other people through your profile. Go to your home page and click "Add another person".
Question: Who will COVID-19 vaccines be distributed to first?
Answer: At first, the supply of vaccines will be limited. Certain residents will receive their vaccines before others. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) on this timing. As of December 4, IDPH has prioritized residents in this order:
- Health Care Personnel and Long Term Care Facility Residents
- Essential Frontline Workers - pending CDC guidance
- Adults with high risk medical conditions and those over 65 years of age - pending CDC guidance
- All other adults and people in other congregate settings - pending CDC guidance
- Young adults and children (if a pediatric vaccine is available) - pending CDC guidance
You can view more information on vaccine distribution and manufacturer timelines by using the links below:
How the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) is Making Vaccine Recommendations
Please review the Illinois Department for Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccination Plan, Section 3 Phase Approach to COVID-19 Vaccination to learn more about the vaccine administration strategy.